Apple releases iMac MXM, iDVD, iLife Support updatesAs expected, Apple has released a software updated for owners of its white 24-inch iMacs to address a video issue that prevents Boot Camp from functioning properly. Meanwhile, the company also unleashed updates to iDVD and iLife Support.
iMac MXM Update 1.0
As was exclusively reported by AppleInsider earlier this month, Apple had been testing an update for its white 24-inch iMacs that aimed to solve a year-long problem that had prevented many users from running Boot Camp on their systems.
"Some iMac (Late 2006 24-inch) computers may display a black screen when booting from the Windows XP installer CD, instead of the standard blue installation screen," Apple explained in a support document posted Thursday alongside the software fix. "The computer will respond to the correct setup key presses and continue the installation even though the built-in display has no video."
Users experiencing this issue should download and install the iMac MXM Update 1.0 [403K], the company added.
Meanwhile, Apple said iDVD 6.0.4 update [6.5MB] improves overall stability and supports compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5.
iLife Support 8.1.1
The iDVD update was released alongside iLife Support 8.1.1 [6MB], which supports system software components shared by all iLife '08 applications, improves overall stability, addresses a number of other minor issues, and supports general compatibility issues.
Apple recommends the update for all users of iLife '08.
On Topic: General
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel
- Customer rampages through French Apple Store, smashes iPhones, iMacs, MacBook Air
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Watch Series 2, iPhone 7, DJI Mavic Pro, and more
- Sharp to invest $568M in OLED technology in 2018