Thursday, October 25, 2007, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases iMac MXM, iDVD, iLife Support updatesAs expected, Apple has released a software updated for owners of its white 24-inch iMacs to address a video issue that prevents Boot Camp from functioning properly. Meanwhile, the company also unleashed updates to iDVD and iLife Support.
iMac MXM Update 1.0
As was exclusively reported by AppleInsider earlier this month, Apple had been testing an update for its white 24-inch iMacs that aimed to solve a year-long problem that had prevented many users from running Boot Camp on their systems.
"Some iMac (Late 2006 24-inch) computers may display a black screen when booting from the Windows XP installer CD, instead of the standard blue installation screen," Apple explained in a support document posted Thursday alongside the software fix. "The computer will respond to the correct setup key presses and continue the installation even though the built-in display has no video."
Users experiencing this issue should download and install the iMac MXM Update 1.0 [403K], the company added.
Meanwhile, Apple said iDVD 6.0.4 update [6.5MB] improves overall stability and supports compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5.
iLife Support 8.1.1
The iDVD update was released alongside iLife Support 8.1.1 [6MB], which supports system software components shared by all iLife '08 applications, improves overall stability, addresses a number of other minor issues, and supports general compatibility issues.
Apple recommends the update for all users of iLife '08.
On Topic: General
- Apple files cross-appeal of final judgment in case against Samsung
- Apple, Samsung sued by ZiiLABS over alleged infringement of graphics patents
- Apple gets official green light to build San Francisco flagship store
- Apple to open small stores in India, focus on entry-level iOS devices in battle for growing market
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance