Apple releases iMac MXM, iDVD, iLife Support updatesAs expected, Apple has released a software updated for owners of its white 24-inch iMacs to address a video issue that prevents Boot Camp from functioning properly. Meanwhile, the company also unleashed updates to iDVD and iLife Support.
iMac MXM Update 1.0
As was exclusively reported by AppleInsider earlier this month, Apple had been testing an update for its white 24-inch iMacs that aimed to solve a year-long problem that had prevented many users from running Boot Camp on their systems.
"Some iMac (Late 2006 24-inch) computers may display a black screen when booting from the Windows XP installer CD, instead of the standard blue installation screen," Apple explained in a support document posted Thursday alongside the software fix. "The computer will respond to the correct setup key presses and continue the installation even though the built-in display has no video."
Users experiencing this issue should download and install the iMac MXM Update 1.0 [403K], the company added.
Meanwhile, Apple said iDVD 6.0.4 update [6.5MB] improves overall stability and supports compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5.
iLife Support 8.1.1
The iDVD update was released alongside iLife Support 8.1.1 [6MB], which supports system software components shared by all iLife '08 applications, improves overall stability, addresses a number of other minor issues, and supports general compatibility issues.
Apple recommends the update for all users of iLife '08.
On Topic: General
- SoHo Apple Store hosts 'Becoming Steve Jobs' book reading, Q&A session with authors
- Apple moves to dismiss lawsuit over 'misleading' iOS device capacity claims
- Apple Pay decals begin arriving with supporting merchants
- Apple's new spaceship campus might be named after Steve Jobs, Tim Cook says
- Angela Ahrendts was swayed to Apple retail by instant personal connection with Tim Cook