Monday, November 05, 2007, 12:20 pm PT (03:20 pm ET)
Apple releases iTunes 7.5, QuickTime 7.3Apple on Monday afternoon release iTunes 7.5, which includes bug fixes and support for Phase, a new interactive music game. Meanwhile, the company also released QuickTime 7.3 distributions for Leopard, Tiger, Panther, and Windows.
iTunes 7.5 [41.1MB for Mac, 51.8MB for Windows] features the ability to activate iPhone wherever service is offered and support for Phase, a new interactive music game designed exclusively for iPod nano (third generation), iPod classic, and iPod (fifth generation).
Apple also said that iTunes 7.5 "includes bug fixes to improve stability and performance," but did not specify what those fixes address.
QuickTime 7.3 addresses seven critical security issues and delivers:
- Support for iTunes 7.5
- Updated support for creating iPhone-compatible web content
- Numerous bug fixes
The update, which is recommended for all QuickTime 7.x users, is available as a 52.6MB download for users of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, a 49.3MB download for users of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, and a 51.5MB download for users of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther.
QuickTime 7.3 for Windows is also available [20.3MB].
On Topic: General
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance
- Apple quietly improves loyalty pricing for businesses, educational institutions
- Samsung appeals final judgment in first Apple v. Samsung California trial, drops asserted SEPs from second
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ