Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update for Tiger usersApple on Wednesday finally released Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update, which is recommended for all users running versions of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. The update includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac, the company says.
The update is available as a 128MB download for Intel Macs and a 67.9MB download for PowerPC Macs which are running Mac OS X 10.4.10.
Apple has also made Mac OS X 10.4.11 available in "Combo" updater form for users running earlier versions of the Tiger operating system. These distributions are available as a 321.5MB download for Intel Macs running Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later and a 180.8MB download for Power PC Macs running Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Apple warns that users of the update may experience unexpected results if they have third-party system software modifications installed, or if they've modified the operating system through other means.
Mac OS X 10.4.11 bundles 39 security fixes and the following modifications:
On Topic: General
- Apple Maps vans operating around the clock in run-up to 'iOS 10' debut
- Apple invention uses Apple Watch to auto adjust iPhone alert volume
- Standalone HBO Now subscriptions at 800,000, says network's CEO
- Apple's in-house CDN efforts spell trouble for Akamai as infrastructure biz warns of losses
- Apple's biggest Florida store coming to Brickell City Centre in Miami