Adobe updates Photoshop CS3, releases Lightroom 1.3Adobe on Friday updated Photoshop CS3 to version 10.0.1 and also released Photoshop Lightroom 1.3, which includes additional support for Apple's new Leopard operating system.
The Adobe Photoshop 10.0.1 update [170MB] addresses a number of issues discovered after Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Photoshop CS3 Extended (10.0) software were released, Adobe said.
The most significant fixes in the Photoshop 10.0.1 update include:
- The speed of moving objects contained within multiple layer sets has been improved.
- Converting images to CMYK using certain profiles no longer results in black files.
- The Save for Web feature now includes an option to "Include XMP" (metadata) in the settings menu within the main Save for Web interface, making the existing capability easier to access.
- When using Save For Web with "Include XMP" enabled, all XMP data is now included in the optimized file.
- Print color matching has been improved.
- Images saved as DICOM and reopened in Photoshop CS3 are no longer corrupted on PowerPC based Mac computers.
Lightroom 1.3 [47.2MB], an update to Adobe's photography workflow software, delivers updated Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard support and bundles additional camera support for the Canon 1Ds Mark III, Nikon D3, Nikon D300, Olympus E-3, and more.
Lightroom 1.3 also includes the following enhancements:
- The import dialog now offers the option to render 1:1 previews as part of the import process
- The export dialog layout has been enhanced.
- A Lightroom Preview Export SDK is available for developers to create and distribute Export Plug-ins. Further details are located on Adobe Labs.
And corrects the following issues:
- Writing XMP metadata automatically has been corrected for performance issues.
- Printing with the native resolution option enabled no longer sets the wrong dimension for portrait oriented images.
- Prior to Camera Raw 4.3 there was the possibility that artifacts in edge transitions could be introduced through the.
- Bayer demosaic and luminance noise reductions algorithms. This has been corrected.
- The Canon sRAW format and the Fuji compressed RAF formats are now supported.
Photoshop CS3 is part of Adobe Creative Suite 3.0.
On Topic: General
- Review: Atlas Wristband is an ambitious but flawed strength training tracker
- This week on AI: Apple Car secrets, iPhone & iPad launch dates, a Dr. Dre TV show & more
- Bug in Adobe Creative Cloud updater erases root level Mac data
- Apple, Inc set to open new $25 million tech center in Hyderabad, India by June
- Apple Music passes 11M subscribers as iCloud hits 782M users