Apple announces television content on iTunes CanadaAs expected, Apple on Wednesday announced that hit television programming from Canadas top networks, US broadcasters and the National Hockey League (NHL) is now available for CAN$1.99 per episode from the iTunes Store in Canada.
iTunes customers can choose from Canadian-produced favorites such as the award-winning Corner Gas from CTV, smash hit comedy Little Mosque on the Prairie from CBC, Emmy and Peabody Award-winning South Park from Comedy Central and the NHL Games of the Year.
Were thrilled to bring television programming to the iTunes Store in Canada in time for the holiday season, said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of iTunes. Were off to a great start with hit shows from CBC, CTV, Comedy Central and MTV Networks, along with the best of classic and current NHL action.
Television shows purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store Canada can be viewed on a PC or Mac, iPod nano with video, fifth generation iPod, iPod classic or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV. Television programming on the iTunes Store in Canada includes:
- CBCs comedy programs Little Mosque on the Prairie and The Rick Mercer Report, reality programming No Opportunity Wasted and Dragons Den;
- CTVs smash hit comedy Corner Gas, dramas Instant Star, Degrassi: The Next Generation and Robson Arms;
- Comedy Centrals Drawn Together, The Sarah Silverman Program and Emmy and Peabody Award-winning South Park;
- MTV Networks programs Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Hills; and
- NHL Games of the Year, including top NHL games in their entirety for the 2007-2008 season, as well as Stanley Cup Classics, a five-game bundle of great Stanley Cup Final games.
Reports that Apple was ready to launch TV programming on the iTunes Store Canada were first reported late Monday by ArsTechnica.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's March 9 event, net neutrality, Pebble Time & more
- Ericsson unloads legal barrage against Apple in ongoing patent licensing dispute
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson appointed to board of fashion e-tailer Nasty Gal, leads investment
- Apple looking for hardware and software engineers to build virtual reality displays
- Apple takes top spot in online order fulfillment in Q4 with average ship time of 2.5 days