We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are available here.
Apple releases update for freezing MacBook keyboardsApple has released a software update for its MacBook and MacBook Pro systems that addresses chronic freezing issues with the systems' keyboards.
The fix acknowledges an issue previously reported by AppleInsider which causes intermittent unresponsiveness on multiple generations of the Intel-based portables running Mac OS X Leopard.
When affected, some MacBook and MacBook Pro models are temporarily unable to provide keyboard input, in some cases lasting a minute or more. Users are sometimes compelled to relaunch Finder or the system itself to regain control of the system beyond the trackpad or external peripherals.
The patch requires Mac OS X 10.5.1 or later to install and is available either through the official Software Update utility or as a separate download (979KB) from Apple's support website.
On Topic: MacBook
- New USB-C-to-HDMI spec will enable adapter-free display hookups for MacBooks
- Low-end Intel Kaby Lake processors detailed, MacBook Pro version absent
- ITC investigates Apple & AT&T over haptic patent complaints by Immersion
- Samsung unveils 512GB postage stamp-size NVMe SSD, could see use in MacBook
- Winners of the WaterField Designs MacBook bag giveaway announced [Carl J. and Tyler D.]