Apple releases iPhoto, ProKit, Braille Display, and iWeb updatesApple on Tuesday issued a handful of small software updates, including iPhoto 7.1.2, ProKit 4.5, and Braille Display Update 1.0. Late last week the company also released iWeb 2.0.3.
Details of each of the updates are as follows:
iPhoto 7.1.2 [14.2MB] addresses issues when publishing photos to a .Mac Web Gallery, improves overall stability, and fixes a number of other minor issues.
More specifically, Apple said the patch rectifies an issue where a format string vulnerability could allow a remote attacker to cause arbitrary code execution. iPhoto 7.1.2 addresses the issue through improved handling of format strings when processing photocast subscriptions.
ProKit 4.5 [22.4MB] improves reliability for Apple's professional applications and is recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Express, Aperture, Logic Studio and Logic Express.
Braille Display Update 1.0
Braille Display Update 1.0 [448K]: Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard includes a powerful screen reading technology for the blind called VoiceOver that supports a variety of refreshable Braille displays. When you have a supported Braille display connected to your computer, VoiceOver automatically detects it and sends it information about what is displayed on the screen. This installer adds support in Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard for the following additional refreshable Braille displays:
- GW Micro BrailleSense
- GW Micro SyncBraille 20
- GW Micro SyncBraille 32
- HandyTech Easy Braille
- HandyTech Braille Star 40
- HandyTech Braille Star 80
- HIMS BrailleSense
- HIMS SyncBraille 20
- HIMS SyncBraille 32
- Nippon Telesoft Seika Version 3
- Papenmeier Braillex Trio
iWeb 2.0.3 [17.2MB] addresses compatibility with Mac OS X.
On Topic: Software
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools
- Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations