Apple releases iPhoto, ProKit, Braille Display, and iWeb updatesApple on Tuesday issued a handful of small software updates, including iPhoto 7.1.2, ProKit 4.5, and Braille Display Update 1.0. Late last week the company also released iWeb 2.0.3.
Details of each of the updates are as follows:
iPhoto 7.1.2 [14.2MB] addresses issues when publishing photos to a .Mac Web Gallery, improves overall stability, and fixes a number of other minor issues.
More specifically, Apple said the patch rectifies an issue where a format string vulnerability could allow a remote attacker to cause arbitrary code execution. iPhoto 7.1.2 addresses the issue through improved handling of format strings when processing photocast subscriptions.
ProKit 4.5 [22.4MB] improves reliability for Apple's professional applications and is recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Express, Aperture, Logic Studio and Logic Express.
Braille Display Update 1.0
Braille Display Update 1.0 [448K]: Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard includes a powerful screen reading technology for the blind called VoiceOver that supports a variety of refreshable Braille displays. When you have a supported Braille display connected to your computer, VoiceOver automatically detects it and sends it information about what is displayed on the screen. This installer adds support in Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard for the following additional refreshable Braille displays:
- GW Micro BrailleSense
- GW Micro SyncBraille 20
- GW Micro SyncBraille 32
- HandyTech Easy Braille
- HandyTech Braille Star 40
- HandyTech Braille Star 80
- HIMS BrailleSense
- HIMS SyncBraille 20
- HIMS SyncBraille 32
- Nippon Telesoft Seika Version 3
- Papenmeier Braillex Trio
iWeb 2.0.3 [17.2MB] addresses compatibility with Mac OS X.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 for Mac with new automated tools
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools