Apple releases QuickTime 7.4.1 for Leopard, Tiger and PantherApple on Wednesday released QuickTime 7.4.1, a recommended security update for all users of QuickTime 7.0 running Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger, Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther, Windows XP SP2, and Windows Vista.
The software update patches a vulnerability where visiting a malicious website could lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution.
"A heap buffer overflow exists in QuickTime's handling of HTTP responses when RTSP tunneling is enabled," Apple said. "By enticing a user to visit a maliciously crafted webpage, an attacker may cause an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution."
QuickTime 7.4.1 addresses the issue through improved bounds checking.
The update is available as 55.5MB download for Leopard, a 51.7MB download for Tiger, a 50.4MB download for Panther, and a 22.3MB download for Windows Vista or XP SP2.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools
- Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report