T-Mobile to sell iPhone in Austria; iLife Support 8.2; Flash on iPhoneDeutsche Telekom's mobile unit T-Mobile said Tuesday it will soon begin offering Apple Inc.'s iPhone to its Austrian customers. Meanwhile, Apple has released a small support update for iLife '08. And rumors of Adobe Flash support for the iPhone are given another go.
iPhone for Austria
Deutsche Telekom's mobile unit T-Mobile will begin selling Apple's iPhone in Austria in the first half of the year, T-Mobile Chief Executive Hamid Akhavan said on Tuesday.
The international wireless carrier already sells the combined cellp phone and Internet communication device in Germany.
Akhavan also said T-Mobile would launch the first Google Android phone in the fourth quarter of the year.
iLife Support 8.2
Alongside the release of Aperture 2.0 today, Apple also issued a 9.7MB iLife Support 8.2 update that supports system software components shared by all iLife 08 applications to improve their stability and performance.
Flash support for iPhone
Adobe Flash support for the iPhone and the iPod touch may be "just around the corner," according to the latest incarnation of the long-running rumor.
Speculation puts a release around late February, the same time Apple is expected to take the wraps off its official iPhone software developers kit (SDK), which will allow third parties to author authorized software add-ons for the two touchscreen-based handhelds.
The absence of Flash can at times stifle the iPhone experience, making it impossible to browse websites of restaurants and other businesses who've comprised their Web presence solely around the rich media technology.
For it's part, Apple has neither confirmed nor denied plans to support Flash on its handhelds, with a lone comment from chief executive Steve Jobs last January indicating that users "might see" the technology arrive sometime down the road.
On Topic: General
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts
- Sonos brings PLAY:1 & PLAY:5 speakers to Apple's online & retail stores
- Photos show Apple's newly relocated & revamped Brea Mall store [u]
- This week on AI: iPhone 7 & Apple Watch Series 2 review, McLaren buyout rumors, macOS Sierra launch & more