Disney produces first movie-license iPod gameSlipping through the cracks of the week's releases is the first iPod game to draw on a movie license: Disney Online Studios' Pirates of the Caribbean: Aegir's Fire.
Compatible with both newer iPod classic and iPod nano devices as well as the older fifth-generation iPod with video, the new game is based on a new story set in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie trilogy's universe.
Players chiefly engage in ship-to-ship combat over the course of 30 missions and are encouraged to use the iPod's click wheel as though it were a boat's steering wheel.
Gamers can also upgrade their ship and bring on well-known characters from the movies as crew members, Apple says.
The game is priced at the same $5 as for all iPod titles and is only the second game based on an outside movie or TV license, the other being an adaptation of ABC's ongoing Lost TV show.
On Topic: iPod
- AI readers pick: Your favorite news app for iPhone and iPad is Apple News
- AI readers pick: The best note taking app for iOS is Apple Notes
- Apple issues rare software update for 7th-gen iPod nano devices
- How to choose between a new iPod touch and an iPad mini 3
- New iPod touch teardown shows power optimizations, no sapphire camera lens cover