We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Linkin Park plays private show at Apple Store Soho (video)True to reports, alternative rock band Linkin Park played a private six-song set last night at Apple's Soho retail store in New York City.
The invitation-only, midnight gig was made privy to 200 radio contest winners and was recorded for a future iTunes exclusive release, according to the DailySwarm.
The set list included Wake, Given Up, Shadow of the Day, My December, In Pieces, and Bleed It Out.
Rumors of the band's appearance in conjunction with Apple made headlines earlier this week after AppleInsider discovered that front-man Mike Shinoda had inadvertently tipped-off some of his fans about the collaboration on his blog.
The midnight concert, however, appears to have dashed hopes for a larger Apple media event this month, which had been rumored by several blog sites. With only a handful of business days left in the month, the Cupertino-based company has yet to issue formal invitations to any such gathering, now a telltale sign that no such event will take place.
Meanwhile, Apple's self-imposed released date for the eagerly-awaited iPhone software developers kit (SDK) is rapidly approaching, as are a new line of MacBook Pro notebooks complete with Intel's latest Penryn mobile processors and multi-touch trackpads.
The company has managed a Tuesday product announcement every week since the close of January's Macworld Expo and indications are that this pattern may continue.
On Topic: General
- Spotify reportedly engaging SoundCloud in advanced buyout negotiations
- Apple partners with leading business service provider Deloitte for enterprise IT
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple