Thursday, February 21, 2008, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
Maroon 5 to play open set at Apple Store SoHo on SundayFor the second time in less than a week, Apple's flagship retail store in downtown Manhattan will play host to a performance by a Grammy Award-winning alternative rock band, though this time around the show will be open to the public.
Beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, Maroon 5 will take a short breather from their worldwide tour with Dashboard Confessional to play an approximate one-hour set of both electric and acoustic material of their latest platinum album, It Won't Be Soon Before Long.
Space for the event is said to be extremely limited, and as such Apple recommends that audience members arrive early to assure entry.
The performance by the Los Angeles natives comes just days after a midnight gig on Thursday in which widely popular alternative rock band Linkin Park played a closed 6-song set at the Soho store.
The performance was recorded for later distribution as exclusive iTunes content.
On Topic: General
- Judge denies Apple motion to stay upcoming e-books damages trial
- Apple 'on the prowl' with 24 acquisitions in last year and a half
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss
- Lytro's next-gen $1500 Illum 'light-field' camera bolstered by dedicated Mac software, Aperture support
- Apple tech takes on distracted driving, blocks users from texting while behind the wheel