Thursday, February 21, 2008, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
Maroon 5 to play open set at Apple Store SoHo on SundayFor the second time in less than a week, Apple's flagship retail store in downtown Manhattan will play host to a performance by a Grammy Award-winning alternative rock band, though this time around the show will be open to the public.
Beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, Maroon 5 will take a short breather from their worldwide tour with Dashboard Confessional to play an approximate one-hour set of both electric and acoustic material of their latest platinum album, It Won't Be Soon Before Long.
Space for the event is said to be extremely limited, and as such Apple recommends that audience members arrive early to assure entry.
The performance by the Los Angeles natives comes just days after a midnight gig on Thursday in which widely popular alternative rock band Linkin Park played a closed 6-song set at the Soho store.
The performance was recorded for later distribution as exclusive iTunes content.
On Topic: General
- Apple files cross-appeal of final judgment in case against Samsung
- Apple, Samsung sued by ZiiLABS over alleged infringement of graphics patents
- Apple gets official green light to build San Francisco flagship store
- Apple to open small stores in India, focus on entry-level iOS devices in battle for growing market
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance