Maroon 5 to play open set at Apple Store SoHo on SundayFor the second time in less than a week, Apple's flagship retail store in downtown Manhattan will play host to a performance by a Grammy Award-winning alternative rock band, though this time around the show will be open to the public.
Beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, Maroon 5 will take a short breather from their worldwide tour with Dashboard Confessional to play an approximate one-hour set of both electric and acoustic material of their latest platinum album, It Won't Be Soon Before Long.
Space for the event is said to be extremely limited, and as such Apple recommends that audience members arrive early to assure entry.
The performance by the Los Angeles natives comes just days after a midnight gig on Thursday in which widely popular alternative rock band Linkin Park played a closed 6-song set at the Soho store.
The performance was recorded for later distribution as exclusive iTunes content.
On Topic: General
- Shuttle drivers at Apple, other Silicon Valley tech companies vote for Teamsters representation
- Apple's Tim Cook takes hardline stance against consumer data sharing, government snooping and terrorism
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event steals thunder from rivals at Mobile World Congress
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's March 9 event, net neutrality, Pebble Time & more
- Ericsson unloads legal barrage against Apple in ongoing patent licensing dispute