Monday, March 03, 2008, 05:00 pm
Apple releases Aperture 2.0.1, GarageBand 4.1.2Apple on Monday afternoon release maintenance updates for its recently released Aperture 2.0 photography workflow application and its GarageBand 4.0 music creation software.
Aperture 2.0.1 [43.9MB] includes significant fixes aimed at upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture, publishing .Mac Web Gallery albums, preview generation and deletion, creating and ordering books, AppleScript support, keyboard shortcut customization, watermarking of emailed photos, highlight Hot and Cold Areas, and appearance of metadata overlays in the Browser, Filmstrip, and on light tables.
The release also packs a number of minor fixes involving such areas as Loupe, Smart Albums, All Projects View, Straighten Tool, Filmstrip, Drag and drop import, Thumbnail generation, Import window, and Export plug-in reliability.
Apple said the release recommended for all Aperture users.
Meanwhile, GarageBand 4.1.2 [19.1MB] improves overall stability and addresses issues with the automation of software instrument parameters, FireWire and USB based audio devices and Magic GarageBand.
On Topic: Software
- Avid announces Pro Tools 11 and Media Composer 7 for Mac & PC
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 after month of testing
- New release candidates for Adobe's Lightroom and Camera Raw bring bug fixes, added camera support
- Apple to lock iOS app screenshots upon submission to halt scammers
- Firefox 18 launches with support for Retina display Macs