Monday, March 03, 2008, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Aperture 2.0.1, GarageBand 4.1.2Apple on Monday afternoon release maintenance updates for its recently released Aperture 2.0 photography workflow application and its GarageBand 4.0 music creation software.
Aperture 2.0.1 [43.9MB] includes significant fixes aimed at upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture, publishing .Mac Web Gallery albums, preview generation and deletion, creating and ordering books, AppleScript support, keyboard shortcut customization, watermarking of emailed photos, highlight Hot and Cold Areas, and appearance of metadata overlays in the Browser, Filmstrip, and on light tables.
The release also packs a number of minor fixes involving such areas as Loupe, Smart Albums, All Projects View, Straighten Tool, Filmstrip, Drag and drop import, Thumbnail generation, Import window, and Export plug-in reliability.
Apple said the release recommended for all Aperture users.
Meanwhile, GarageBand 4.1.2 [19.1MB] improves overall stability and addresses issues with the automation of software instrument parameters, FireWire and USB based audio devices and Magic GarageBand.
On Topic: Software
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.3 with holiday discount, updates Camera Raw 8.3
- New Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw release candidates fix bugs, add camera support
- Review: 1Password 4 for Mac makes managing all your passwords easy and secure