Apple releases Aperture 2.0.1, GarageBand 4.1.2Apple on Monday afternoon release maintenance updates for its recently released Aperture 2.0 photography workflow application and its GarageBand 4.0 music creation software.
Aperture 2.0.1 [43.9MB] includes significant fixes aimed at upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture, publishing .Mac Web Gallery albums, preview generation and deletion, creating and ordering books, AppleScript support, keyboard shortcut customization, watermarking of emailed photos, highlight Hot and Cold Areas, and appearance of metadata overlays in the Browser, Filmstrip, and on light tables.
The release also packs a number of minor fixes involving such areas as Loupe, Smart Albums, All Projects View, Straighten Tool, Filmstrip, Drag and drop import, Thumbnail generation, Import window, and Export plug-in reliability.
Apple said the release recommended for all Aperture users.
Meanwhile, GarageBand 4.1.2 [19.1MB] improves overall stability and addresses issues with the automation of software instrument parameters, FireWire and USB based audio devices and Magic GarageBand.
On Topic: Software
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more