Apple extends RAW support to 11 new digital camsApple on Thursday released a small software update for users of its photo applications that adds RAW support for nearly a dozen new digital cameras.
The 2.2MB Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 2.0 extends RAW file compatibility for Aperture 2 and iPhoto 08 for the following cameras:
Leaf Aptus 54S
Leaf Aptus 65S
Pentax *ist DL2
Pentax *ist DS2
Pentax K100D Super
The update also includes a lone security fix that was also included as part of a much larger security update released on Tuesday, which affects DNG image files.
"A stack based buffer overflow exists in the handling of Adobe Digital Negative (DNG) image files. By enticing a user to open a maliciously crafted image file, an attacker may cause an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution," Apple wrote. "This update addresses the issue through improved validation of DNG image files."
The security update is applicable for users of Aperture 2 or iPhoto 7.1.2 with iLife Support 8.2.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 for Mac with new automated tools
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools