Thursday, March 20, 2008, 10:00 am PT (01:00 pm ET)
Apple extends RAW support to 11 new digital camsApple on Thursday released a small software update for users of its photo applications that adds RAW support for nearly a dozen new digital cameras.
The 2.2MB Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 2.0 extends RAW file compatibility for Aperture 2 and iPhoto 08 for the following cameras:
Leaf Aptus 54S
Leaf Aptus 65S
Pentax *ist DL2
Pentax *ist DS2
Pentax K100D Super
The update also includes a lone security fix that was also included as part of a much larger security update released on Tuesday, which affects DNG image files.
"A stack based buffer overflow exists in the handling of Adobe Digital Negative (DNG) image files. By enticing a user to open a maliciously crafted image file, an attacker may cause an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution," Apple wrote. "This update addresses the issue through improved validation of DNG image files."
The security update is applicable for users of Aperture 2 or iPhoto 7.1.2 with iLife Support 8.2.
On Topic: Software
- New Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw release candidates fix bugs, add camera support
- Review: 1Password 4 for Mac makes managing all your passwords easy and secure
- Adobe refreshes Photoshop, Premiere Elements with two new versions
- Apple Configurator updated for iOS 7 with new features
- Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac launches with cloud storage support, Windows 8 Start button, 40% faster read times