Apple slips out Apple TV 2.0.1 updatePreparing the Apple TV's viewers for the weekend, Apple on Friday night patched its media hub to version 2.0.1.
The fix, available through the Apple TV's own update utility, is not documented by the company and appears primarily to be a maintenance update.
However, a preliminary discovery reveals a Genres category under My Movies, letting owners browse by type.
The download represents the first minor upgrade to the Apple TV's firmware since February's Take 2 overhaul introduced a completely redesigned interface as well as support for iTunes movie rentals and streaming podcasts.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple partner Imagination unveils PowerVR 'super-GPU' with 512 ALU cores for game consoles
- Piper Jaffray sees a revamped Apple TV set-top box being core of Apple's fall 2015 products
- Apple restarts talks with content owners for over-the-top, web-based TV service
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports