Friday, March 28, 2008, 06:15 pm PT (09:15 pm ET)
Apple slips out Apple TV 2.0.1 updatePreparing the Apple TV's viewers for the weekend, Apple on Friday night patched its media hub to version 2.0.1.
The fix, available through the Apple TV's own update utility, is not documented by the company and appears primarily to be a maintenance update.
However, a preliminary discovery reveals a Genres category under My Movies, letting owners browse by type.
The download represents the first minor upgrade to the Apple TV's firmware since February's Take 2 overhaul introduced a completely redesigned interface as well as support for iTunes movie rentals and streaming podcasts.
On Topic: Apple TV
- 'FYI' and 'Feeln' channels get added to Apple TV lineup
- Apple Watch will likely require daily charging, Cook says
- Amazon announces $39 Fire TV Stick to compete with Google Chromecast
- HBO to begin offering standalone streaming subscriptions in 2015 - report
- Philips TVs bundled with Apple TV launch in India as part of alleged partnership [u]