Apple slips out Apple TV 2.0.1 updatePreparing the Apple TV's viewers for the weekend, Apple on Friday night patched its media hub to version 2.0.1.
The fix, available through the Apple TV's own update utility, is not documented by the company and appears primarily to be a maintenance update.
However, a preliminary discovery reveals a Genres category under My Movies, letting owners browse by type.
The download represents the first minor upgrade to the Apple TV's firmware since February's Take 2 overhaul introduced a completely redesigned interface as well as support for iTunes movie rentals and streaming podcasts.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports
- Dish announces 'Sling TV' $20-per-month Internet TV service with ESPN, CNN, more
- Watch ABC Apple TV channel update brings full episode viewing for all users
- It's Back: Free Apple TV and the lowest prices anywhere on every MacBook + AppleCare bundle (save $200-$800); iMacs & Mac Pros too