Friday, March 28, 2008, 06:15 pm PT (09:15 pm ET)
Apple slips out Apple TV 2.0.1 updatePreparing the Apple TV's viewers for the weekend, Apple on Friday night patched its media hub to version 2.0.1.
The fix, available through the Apple TV's own update utility, is not documented by the company and appears primarily to be a maintenance update.
However, a preliminary discovery reveals a Genres category under My Movies, letting owners browse by type.
The download represents the first minor upgrade to the Apple TV's firmware since February's Take 2 overhaul introduced a completely redesigned interface as well as support for iTunes movie rentals and streaming podcasts.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Review follow-up: Gaming on Amazon's Fire TV and Fire Controller
- New Apple TV box with motion controls to play 'key role' for Apple this year, but 'iTV' still a pipe dream
- In pushing for Time Warner merger, Comcast cites Apple's development of new set-top box
- Review: Amazon's Fire TV makes iterative improvements in set-top streaming
- Google prepping 'Android TV' set-top box with stripped-down interface, voice input and notifications