Friday, March 28, 2008, 06:15 pm PT (09:15 pm ET)
Apple slips out Apple TV 2.0.1 updatePreparing the Apple TV's viewers for the weekend, Apple on Friday night patched its media hub to version 2.0.1.
The fix, available through the Apple TV's own update utility, is not documented by the company and appears primarily to be a maintenance update.
However, a preliminary discovery reveals a Genres category under My Movies, letting owners browse by type.
The download represents the first minor upgrade to the Apple TV's firmware since February's Take 2 overhaul introduced a completely redesigned interface as well as support for iTunes movie rentals and streaming podcasts.
On Topic: Apple TV
- HBO to begin offering standalone streaming subscriptions in 2015 - report
- Philips TVs bundled with Apple TV launch in India as part of alleged partnership [u]
- Latest Apple TV update enables remote access relay for HomeKit connected accessories
- 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'American Horror Story' come to Apple TV with new FXNOW channel
- Apple surreptitiously adds HomeKit support to recent Apple TVs - report