Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 02:20 pm PT (05:20 pm ET)
Apple issues quartet of iLife '08 updatesApple on Tuesday afternoon released four patches for its iLife '08 creative suite that touch on iMovie, iPhoto, iWeb, and the supporting infrastructure.
iLife Support 8.3
Apple's most universal of the new updates, iLife Support 8.3 (10MB) is said to improve the stability of the framework that underpins iLife '08 as well as address a handful of other, smaller issues.
This update, along with the others released on Tuesday, requires either Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11 or any version of Mac OS X Leopard, and also needs QuickTime 7.5.
Apple's consumer video editor has been updated to version 7.1.4 (38MB).
The fix addresses unspecified compatibility problems as well as stability and other fixes.
The only update in the collection to add more than just fixes, iPhoto 7.1.4 (74MB) adds a new set of themes for both holiday greeting cards and postcards for those who use them with Apple's Kodak-supported printing service.
Compatibility, stability, and other fixes are described as part of the release.
The final update of the collection, iWeb 2.0.4 (35MB) mends compatibility, stability, and other components of Apple's visually-driven web page creation tool.
On Topic: Software
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.3 with holiday discount, updates Camera Raw 8.3
- New Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw release candidates fix bugs, add camera support
- Review: 1Password 4 for Mac makes managing all your passwords easy and secure