Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 06:50 am PT (09:50 am ET)
SingTel to launch iPhone 3G in Singapore on Aug 22Following a series of email teasers, SingTel said Tuesday it will participate in Apple's second phase iPhone 3G launch by rolling out the new touchscreen handset to its customers in Singapore on August 22nd.
"Thanks for your patience; we will bring in both the 8GB and 16GB versions with your choice of black or white," SingTel vice president of consumer marketing Wong Soon Nam wrote in an email to subscribers. "At this stage we have not announced pricing. I will share it with you very shortly."
Singapore joins 17 other countries (1, 2) in Asia, Europe and Latin America that will get their first taste of the iPhone next week. Two additional nations are expected to participate in the phase 2 launch for a grand total of 20.
SingTel is Singapore's largest telecommunications company and the largest mobile network operator in the Asia Pacific outside of the People's Republic of China. At the end of May, it had a combined mobile subscriber base of 185.3 million customers.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple to stick with Samsung for A8 chip, final manufacturing prep underway - report
- AT&T drops price of 2GB no-contract plan by $15, T-Mobile doubles down on 'Simple Choice'
- Report: iPhone 5s to soon account for 1 in 5 iPhones, 5c growth stagnant
- Russia's Megafon deal with Apple, Inc. guarantees sales of 750k iPhones over 3 years
- Pebble adds eBay, Evernote & Time Warner as latest smart watch app partners