Mac OS X 10.5.5 build 9F17 now in developers' handsAlongside the public release of iPhone Software v2.0.2 on Monday, Apple also provided its Mac OS X developers with a new private build of the upcoming Mac OS X 10.5.5 Update, AppleInsider has been told.
Those familiar with the software say the new seed, labeled Mac OS X 10.5.5 build 9F17, introduces five new fixes, bringing the total number of code corrections expected as part of the release to 120.
Specifically, Apple is said to have addressed issues with iCal Invitations and read-only local calendars, Back to My Mac, Mail syncing, and CoreAnimation.
As was the case with build 9F13, released last Wednesday, the new pre-release seed is reported to contain no known issues. Apple also made no changes to a list of two dozen core focus areas, which continue to include components such as AirPort, graphics drivers, iCal, iChat, networking, screen sharing, and Time Machine.
Mac OS X 10.5.5 is expected for release sometime in the coming weeks.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds OS X 10.10.4 beta 2 to developers, public beta testers
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac with enhanced YouTube sharing, fix for random crashes
- Apple issues fix for iMac JPEG crashes, updates TestFlight with WatchKit support
- If you want Beats Music on your Mac, skip the Web client and install the Beats Android app
- First look: Adobe Lightroom CC with HDR and panoramic photo merging, facial recognition, more