Mac OS X 10.5.5 build 9F17 now in developers' handsAlongside the public release of iPhone Software v2.0.2 on Monday, Apple also provided its Mac OS X developers with a new private build of the upcoming Mac OS X 10.5.5 Update, AppleInsider has been told.
Those familiar with the software say the new seed, labeled Mac OS X 10.5.5 build 9F17, introduces five new fixes, bringing the total number of code corrections expected as part of the release to 120.
Specifically, Apple is said to have addressed issues with iCal Invitations and read-only local calendars, Back to My Mac, Mail syncing, and CoreAnimation.
As was the case with build 9F13, released last Wednesday, the new pre-release seed is reported to contain no known issues. Apple also made no changes to a list of two dozen core focus areas, which continue to include components such as AirPort, graphics drivers, iCal, iChat, networking, screen sharing, and Time Machine.
Mac OS X 10.5.5 is expected for release sometime in the coming weeks.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple adds Notification Center widget, enhances syncing performance in iTunes 12.1 update
- Apple's OS X 10.10.2 update fixes Wi-Fi connection issues, improves iCloud, patches security holes
- OS X 10.10.2 will fix years-old Thunderbolt hardware vulnerability
- Adobe acknowledges critical remote vulnerability in Flash, exploits already in the wild
- How to safely move your Mac's iPhoto library onto an external drive