Thursday, October 02, 2008, 10:20 pm
Apple releases iTunes 8.0.1 to address HDTV episode bugApple on Thursday night released iTunes 8.0.1 to fix several important issues with HDTV episodes, Genius playlists, and accessibility.
The 58.5MB download, available through Software Update, primarily addresses a flaw in iTunes TV episode downloads which would inadvertently overwrite the HD versions of shows with the additional standard-definition copy meant for transfer to iPhones and iPods.
It also mends problems with the new Genius auto-playlist feature, including maintaining seamless playback while starting a new Genius playlist from a given track. Syncing these playlists with iPods has also been improved.
Other updates include better update checks for software updates through the App Store, syncing spoken menus to fourth-generation iPod nanos and better accessibility through VoiceOver in Mac OS X.
Performance and stability have also reportedly been improved with the update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple now adding 500,000 new iTunes accounts per day
- Apple's iBooks grew 100% in 2012, maintaining 20% share of eBook market
- Apple announces iTunes Radio for iOS 7, Mac, PC & Apple TV
- Sony inks 'iRadio' deal, giving Apple all 3 major labels
- Apple's free ad-supported 'iRadio' on track for WWDC announcement - report