Apple releases iTunes 8.0.1 to address HDTV episode bugApple on Thursday night released iTunes 8.0.1 to fix several important issues with HDTV episodes, Genius playlists, and accessibility.
The 58.5MB download, available through Software Update, primarily addresses a flaw in iTunes TV episode downloads which would inadvertently overwrite the HD versions of shows with the additional standard-definition copy meant for transfer to iPhones and iPods.
It also mends problems with the new Genius auto-playlist feature, including maintaining seamless playback while starting a new Genius playlist from a given track. Syncing these playlists with iPods has also been improved.
Other updates include better update checks for software updates through the App Store, syncing spoken menus to fourth-generation iPod nanos and better accessibility through VoiceOver in Mac OS X.
Performance and stability have also reportedly been improved with the update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple reportedly puts Trent Reznor in charge of redesigned Beats Music app, presses forward with iTunes Radio revamp
- Yet another outage hits Apple's App Store & iTunes, preventing searches, discovery & downloads
- Apple debuts programatic iAd buys on iTunes Radio, 'Customer Match' demographic targeting
- US streaming music revenues eclipse CD sales for first time, as rebrand of Apple's Beats looms
- Apple issues apology as iTunes & App Store outage persists for 7+ hours