Apple releases iTunes 8.0.1 to address HDTV episode bugApple on Thursday night released iTunes 8.0.1 to fix several important issues with HDTV episodes, Genius playlists, and accessibility.
The 58.5MB download, available through Software Update, primarily addresses a flaw in iTunes TV episode downloads which would inadvertently overwrite the HD versions of shows with the additional standard-definition copy meant for transfer to iPhones and iPods.
It also mends problems with the new Genius auto-playlist feature, including maintaining seamless playback while starting a new Genius playlist from a given track. Syncing these playlists with iPods has also been improved.
Other updates include better update checks for software updates through the App Store, syncing spoken menus to fourth-generation iPod nanos and better accessibility through VoiceOver in Mac OS X.
Performance and stability have also reportedly been improved with the update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Adele's '25' hits Apple Music, Spotify, other streaming services
- Apple Music coming soon to South Korea, local music organization says
- Apple's Trent Reznor says YouTube built on stolen content, pushes Apple Music
- Apple execs say 'no end date' to iTunes downloads, sales in better-than-expected decline
- Report insists Apple 'keeping options open' on phasing out iTunes downloads