Apple releases iTunes 8.0.1 to address HDTV episode bugApple on Thursday night released iTunes 8.0.1 to fix several important issues with HDTV episodes, Genius playlists, and accessibility.
The 58.5MB download, available through Software Update, primarily addresses a flaw in iTunes TV episode downloads which would inadvertently overwrite the HD versions of shows with the additional standard-definition copy meant for transfer to iPhones and iPods.
It also mends problems with the new Genius auto-playlist feature, including maintaining seamless playback while starting a new Genius playlist from a given track. Syncing these playlists with iPods has also been improved.
Other updates include better update checks for software updates through the App Store, syncing spoken menus to fourth-generation iPod nanos and better accessibility through VoiceOver in Mac OS X.
Performance and stability have also reportedly been improved with the update.
On Topic: iTunes
- New Adele album to be withheld from Apple Music, Spotify, other streaming services
- Apple's online store services, Maps suffer widespread outage
- Pandora snaps up Rdio technology and employees for $75M
- German government probes Apple's audiobook deal with Amazon
- Adele might skip '25' release on Spotify in favor of Apple Music, other paid services