Apple releases iTunes 8.0.1 to address HDTV episode bugApple on Thursday night released iTunes 8.0.1 to fix several important issues with HDTV episodes, Genius playlists, and accessibility.
The 58.5MB download, available through Software Update, primarily addresses a flaw in iTunes TV episode downloads which would inadvertently overwrite the HD versions of shows with the additional standard-definition copy meant for transfer to iPhones and iPods.
It also mends problems with the new Genius auto-playlist feature, including maintaining seamless playback while starting a new Genius playlist from a given track. Syncing these playlists with iPods has also been improved.
Other updates include better update checks for software updates through the App Store, syncing spoken menus to fourth-generation iPod nanos and better accessibility through VoiceOver in Mac OS X.
Performance and stability have also reportedly been improved with the update.
On Topic: iTunes
- How to listen to your favorite podcasts over the holidays
- Sony renting 'The Interview' for $6 on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox & Crackle, but not iTunes
- Sony wanted 'The Interview' on iTunes for Christmas, but Apple rejected fast timetable
- Apple launches iTunes Tumblr page as part of social media push
- Apple to instate country-specific app taxes in EU starting Jan. 1