We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple releases Safari 3.2 with phishing protectionApple on Thursday afternoon released Safari 3.2, a recommended update for all Safari users that delivers protection from fraudulent phishing websites and better identification of online businesses.
The update also includes the latest security fixes.
Users of the Apple web browser can download the new version through the Software Update application available on their Mac (under the Apple menu) or PC.
Safari 3.2 for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Leopard [39MB]
Safari 3.2 for Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger [25.7MB]
Safari 3.2 for Windows XP or Vista [19MB]
Apple briefly included anti-phishing measures in builds of Safari 3.0 that were originally included with tests seeds of the now released Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system back in October of 2006. When Leopard hit the market last fall, it quickly became apparent that those features had been pulled.
Earlier this year, e-commerce sites such as PayPal said they would consider blocking the use of any web browser that didn't provided added validation measures, which would have potentially restricted the use of Safari with those services.
On Topic: Software
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more