Thursday, November 20, 2008, 07:00 pm PT (10:00 pm ET)
Apple releases iTunes 8.0.2 ahead of iPhone software 2.2Apple on Thursday evening released iTunes 8.0.2, the latest maintenance update for its digital media software that addresses a couple of minor issues and improves accessibility for users with impaired vision.
Specifically, the new version is said to address a quality issue when creating MP3s on some computers and fix a connectivity issue with the iTunes Store when using some Internet proxies with Mac OS X.
iTunes 8.0.2 also improves accessibility with VoiceOver, an Apple-developed technology that aids visually impaired users by reading aloud the contents of files while providing a rich set of keyboard commands for navigation and comprehensive audible descriptions of the present workspace.
The 60.3MB update, which is available through Apple's iTunes site or via software update, arrives amid mounting evidence that Apple could be preparing to release the next software update for the iPhone — version 2.2 — as early as tomorrow.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple adds 21 acts to iTunes Festival card including Lenny Kravitz, The Script and more
- Apple remembers Robin Williams with iTunes tribute page
- Apple adds Family Sharing support information to iOS, Mac App Store listings
- Apple fixes podcast downloading, browsing bugs with latest iTunes update
- Apple Inc's new Swift language a "huge leap forward for iOS ecosystem," offers "enormous opportunity" with IBM in enterprise