VMWare offering 50% off Fusion 2.0 for Cyber MondayParallels rival VMWare is holding a one-day sale on its Fusion 2.0 virtualization product for the Mac, which cuts the price in half to $39.99. However, Parallels users are being enticed to switch through an additional offer that brings the cost of Fusion 2.0 down to just $10.
Online retailer Amazon.com is among the resellers participating in VMWare's Cyber Monday offer and is currently selling Fusion 2.0 for $39.99 —50 percent off its suggested retail price of $79.99. MacMall is also listed among those resellers who plan to offer the 1-day discount, but had not updated pricing on its website as of press time.
Meanwhile, VMWare is courting users of rival software Parallels Desktop to switch platforms through an additional $30 rebate that knocks the cost of Fusion 2.0 down to just $10. To cash in on this deal, you can purchase Fusion 2.0 from VMWare's website using coupon code "CyberMondayDeal" and then submit your $30 rebate request on line. You must have proof of ownership of Parallels software to claim the rebate.
Both offers are valid through 11:59 PM Pacific Time this evening.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 for Mac with new automated tools
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools