App Store daily download rates now double December volumesApple announced Friday that App Store customers have downloaded more than 500 million applications to date, indirectly revealing that per-day downloads have more than doubled since early December.
When AppleInsider last visited the numbers early last month, Apple claimed over 300 million downloads.
Today's announcement means that in the 42 days since December 5th, another 200 million have been downloaded for an average rate of 4.76 million per day. That's more than twice the daily run-rate of 2.2 million apps per day witnessed last month.
Additionally, a banner on Apple's website reveals more than 15,000 apps have found their way to the App Store's digital shelves since July.
On Topic: iPhone
- 'iPhone 7' might replace 3.5mm headphone jack with second speaker, analysts say
- AT&T lays plans to begin testing 5G data in 2016, brings back 2-for-1 iPhone deal
- Apple captured 21% of smartphone processors, 31% of tablet CPUs in 2015
- TestFlight gets support for iOS 9.3, watchOS 2.2 betas
- FBI complains it can't break encryption on phone used by San Bernardino terrorists