App Store daily download rates now double December volumesApple announced Friday that App Store customers have downloaded more than 500 million applications to date, indirectly revealing that per-day downloads have more than doubled since early December.
When AppleInsider last visited the numbers early last month, Apple claimed over 300 million downloads.
Today's announcement means that in the 42 days since December 5th, another 200 million have been downloaded for an average rate of 4.76 million per day. That's more than twice the daily run-rate of 2.2 million apps per day witnessed last month.
Additionally, a banner on Apple's website reveals more than 15,000 apps have found their way to the App Store's digital shelves since July.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple officially adds Bluetooth 4.2 support to iPhone 6, 6 Plus & iPad Air 2
- Overcast 2 goes free, adds streaming, chapters and 3D Touch controls
- iPhone 6s supplies tracking far better than 2014 iPhone 6 launch, store stock indicates
- Apple starts sales of SIM-free iPhone 6s, 6s Plus handsets
- Apple Pay coming to Starbucks, KFC, Chili's in 2016