Apple releases NVIDIA Graphics Update 2009Apple on Monday released a software update that addresses issues with its Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter and also boosts HD video performance on some current Mac notebooks and previous-generation Mac desktops.
More specifically, Apple says NVIDIA Graphics Update 2009 [3.2MB download] improves cursor movement when using the Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter with the Mini DisplayPort-enabled MacBook Air, MacBook and MacBook Pro introduced this past October.
The patch also improves playback of HD video on the new unibody MacBook Pros with GeForce 9600M graphics cards, as well as legacy Mac systems that include NVIDIA's GeForce 7300 GT chip — namely the first-generation Mac Pro and Late 2006 24-inch iMac.
On Topic: MacBook
- ITC investigates Apple & AT&T over haptic patent complaints by Immersion
- Samsung unveils 512GB postage stamp-size NVMe SSD, could see use in MacBook
- Winners of the WaterField Designs MacBook bag giveaway announced [Carl J. and Tyler D.]
- New 13" MacBook to launch in Q3, end development of MacBook Air insider says
- Giveaway: Win a designer MacBook bag from WaterField Designs