Apple to unleash new 4GB iPod shuffles with Dock sync cableApple later this morning is expected to introduce a new version of its iPod shuffle digital music player with 4GB of storage capacity, new colors, and other tweaks, according to a source.
AppleInsider forum member Mr. X, who earlier this month provided accurate information on the Cupertino-based company's desktop refresh, says the new players will arrive in both black and grey.
The new players will reportedly carry model numbers MC164 and MB867, and also pack a new "dock/sync cable."
Apple last updated the iPod shuffle in September, when it introduced 1GB and 2GB models in a new shade of vibrant colors. The players currently retail for $49 and $69, respectively.
Apple's online store is presently down for upgrades, suggesting the information passed on by Mr X. is likely to pan out.
On Topic: iPod
- To iPod on its 15th birthday: Thanks for revolutionizing digital music
- Apple-licensed iPod navigation patent invalidated by US regulatory agency
- Apple Maps adds Parkopedia data on garages and parking lots
- AI readers pick: Your favorite news app for iPhone and iPad is Apple News
- AI readers pick: The best note taking app for iOS is Apple Notes