Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 08:00 am
Apple to unleash new 4GB iPod shuffles with Dock sync cableApple later this morning is expected to introduce a new version of its iPod shuffle digital music player with 4GB of storage capacity, new colors, and other tweaks, according to a source.
AppleInsider forum member Mr. X, who earlier this month provided accurate information on the Cupertino-based company's desktop refresh, says the new players will arrive in both black and grey.
The new players will reportedly carry model numbers MC164 and MB867, and also pack a new "dock/sync cable."
Apple last updated the iPod shuffle in September, when it introduced 1GB and 2GB models in a new shade of vibrant colors. The players currently retail for $49 and $69, respectively.
Apple's online store is presently down for upgrades, suggesting the information passed on by Mr X. is likely to pan out.
On Topic: iPod
- Apple's online store now offering refurbed 7th Generation iPod Nanos, cheaper refurbed iPads
- Apple Online Store now offering refurbished 5th-gen iPod touch for $240
- Rumor: Ex-Adobe exec Kevin Lynch heading Apple team of former iPod employees
- Apple now collecting twice as much from iTunes, software & services as from iPod sales
- Users experiencing issues updating 5th-gen iPod touch to iOS 6.1