Monday, June 01, 2009, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Apple releases iTunes 8.2 and QuickTime 7.6.2Apple on Monday released iTunes 8.2, a new version of its media cataloging software with support for the upcoming iPhone Software 3.0 release. It was accompanied by a recommended maintenance update for QuickTime 7.6.
iTunes 8.2, available for download here or via Software Update, supports iPhone or iPod touch handhelds loaded with iPhone 3.0 Software Update, which is due for release in the coming weeks.
The new version of iTunes also includes several accessibility improvements and bug fixes, according to a brief set of release notes.
Registered iPhone developers have had access to iTunes 8.2 since late April when Apple released a new beta of iPhone Software 3.0 that was incompatible with the then current iTunes 8.1 release.
Joining the release of iTunes 8.2 is QuickTime 7.6.2, a recommended update for all QuickTime 7 users that includes changes that increase reliability, improve compatibility and enhance security.
More specifically, the release is said to improve compatibility with Apple ProRes media and feature a handful of security updates.
As of press time, QuickTime 7.6.2 was available only via Software Update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple releases iTunes 12.0.1 designed for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Apple alerts developers to upcoming iTunes Connect downtime
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for foisting 'Songs of Innocence' on unsuspecting iTunes users
- Apple introduces redesigned iTunes Store to iTunes 12 beta testers
- Apple says U2's 'Songs of Innocence' album downloaded 26M times since debut