Apple updates Final Cut Pro, Time Capsule and AirPort firmwareApple on Tuesday released Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 to address playback issues on certain Mac Pro and Xserve systems. Separately, the company also issued a bug fix update for Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Express Base Stations that include 802.11n support.
Final Cut Pro 6.0.6
Apple said that Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 (19.15MB download) improves real-time playback capabilities with Mac Pro (Early 2009) models and Xserve (Early 2009) models when working with complex sequences or high-bandwidth media formats.
AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.4.2
Meanwhile, Firmware Update 7.4.2, which can be downloaded by launching the AirPort Utility application located in your Mac's utility folder, provides Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Express Base Station supporting 802.11n with several fixes, including:
- Fixes some problems with extending and maintaining connectivity with extended networks
- Fixes an issue with clients that enable 802.11 "Power Save"
- Fixes connectivity issues with some third-party devices
- Fixes an issue when the base station is configured for PPPoE
- Fixes some Back To My Mac issues with connectivity and support for third-party routers
Apple recommends that AirPort Utility 5.4.2 (Mac download, Windows download) or later be installed before upgrading to Firmware version 7.4.2.
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Apple's Retina MacBook bears first fruits of Anobit acquisition with new in-house SSD controller
- Teardown of 12" MacBook with Retina display reveals tiny logic board, massive battery [u]
- Apple's new 12" MacBook unboxed in Vietnam ahead of official release
- Inside Force Touch: Apple's new 'force click' action opens up new possibilities for the Mac
- How Apple's new MacBook gets nearly as much battery life as the MacBook Pro with a battery half the size