Alleged first Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.1 details revealedLess than a week after Snow Leopard saw its official release, Apple has already supplied some developers with a beta of its first update, and supposed details are now beginning to come to light.
According to information provided to The Boy Genius Report, Mac OS X 10.6.1 includes a number of minor compatibility, security and stability fixes. No timetable for release is available, though it's safe to assume it would likely be weeks rather than days. According to the tip, the current fixes, in documentation allegedly provided by Apple, include:
- Compatibility with some Sierra Wireless 3G modems
- An issue that might cause DVD playback to stop unexpectedly
- Some printer compatibility drivers not appearing properly in the add printer browser
- An issue that might make it difficult to remove an item from the Dock
- Instances where automatic account setup in Mail might not work
- an issue where pressing cmd-opt-t in Mail brings up the special characters menu instead of moving a message
- Motion 4 becoming unresponsive
The build also updates Flash to version 10.0.32.18. build 10B503 and is a 71.5MB download.
Earlier Thursday, sources informed AppleInsider that the beta for Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.1 was provided to developers on Monday, Sept. 1, just four days after the software became publicly available. Those who received the betas earlier this week are part of a smaller, more exclusive group that traditionally operates on an invitation-only basis. That is unlike the Apple Developer Connection, which is open to all developers that pay the appropriate fees.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Adobe acknowledges critical remote vulnerability in Flash, exploits already in the wild
- How to safely move your Mac's iPhoto library onto an external drive
- Google's Project Zero reveals three new zero-day exploits in Apple's OS X [u]
- Apple's Logic Pro X gets massive update with new effects, tools, AirDrop support and more
- Apple's fifth beta of OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 continues focus on WiFi, Mail & Bluetooth