Apple releases updates for iTunes, Logic suitesApple Tuesday afternoon released updates for iTunes, Logic Pro, Logic Express, and Main Stage, bringing bug fixes, enhancements and stability improvements to the range of software.
iTunes 9.0.1 brings a number of fixes for the media player, including an issue with verification of Apple devices, the company said. It is available for download via Software Update or direct from Apple for Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later, Windows XP SP2, and Windows Vista (82.95MB). A separate version is also available for Windows Vista 64-bit (88.8MB). Fixes in the latest update to iTunes include:
- Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
- Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
- Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
- Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
- Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.
- Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
- Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.
Logic Pro 9.0.1 (183MB) and Logic Express 9.0.1 are available for Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later. According to Apple, fixes in the updates include:
- Flex Markers can align & snap to MIDI notes
- Performing a punch-in recording with Replace Mode now behaves correctly
- The I/O plug-in adds an option for latency compensation
Finally, Main Stage 2.0.1 (206.75MB) is also available for Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later. Apple said the update includes fixes and enhancements for the Loopback and Playback plugins. Specifically noted fixes are:
- The Reverse option for Loopback now behaves consistently
- Pitchbend data is transmitted properly to external instruments
- A recording in Loopback can be used to define the tempo for MainStage
- The I/O plug-in is now available in MainStage
On Topic: General
- US Congress, corporations get behind Email Privacy Act to shield online communications from searches
- Apple approved Microsoft filming new holiday-themed ad outside iconic NYC Fifth Ave cube
- Apple Store logos turn red to mark World AIDS Day, (Product)Red donations top $100M
- Apple expands Personal Pickup option to 6 more EU countries
- Adobe debuts 2015 Creative Cloud updates with new 3D modeling app Fuse CC