We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple releases iPhone OS 3.1.2 with glitch, crash fixesApple on Thursday released an update to the iPhone OS, bringing it to version 3.1.2. The minor update reportedly fixes a handful of issues with the software.
According to Apple, the update — which applies to the iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS — has the following improvements:
- Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
- Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
- Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming
The update, which weighs in at over 200MB, can be downloaded through iTunes. A corresponding update for the iPod touch was also released.
A month ago, Apple released iPhone OS 3.1, which debuted a number of new features, including a Genius recommendation system for software in the App Store. It also added ringtones from record labels, directly into the iTunes application on the phone.
On Topic: iPhone
- Spotify debuts 'Daily Mix' to compete with Apple Music's 'For You'
- Honeywell intros Lyric T5 thermostat ready for Apple's HomeKit
- MLB At Bat adds video highlights in Notification Center, other iOS 10 enhancements
- Inside the iPhone 7: Apple's Taptic Engine, explained
- New Galaxy Note 7 fire raises worries Samsung didn't fix battery problems