Apple releases iPhone OS 3.1.2 with glitch, crash fixesApple on Thursday released an update to the iPhone OS, bringing it to version 3.1.2. The minor update reportedly fixes a handful of issues with the software.
According to Apple, the update — which applies to the iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS — has the following improvements:
- Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
- Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
- Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming
The update, which weighs in at over 200MB, can be downloaded through iTunes. A corresponding update for the iPod touch was also released.
A month ago, Apple released iPhone OS 3.1, which debuted a number of new features, including a Genius recommendation system for software in the App Store. It also added ringtones from record labels, directly into the iTunes application on the phone.
On Topic: iPhone
- Software update upgrades select 2013-2015 Fiat Chrysler vehicles with Siri Eyes Free
- Vudu and Telegram iOS apps update with new 3D Touch options, more
- Porsche to bring Apple's CarPlay to 718 Cayman series
- Philips releases Hue 'Gen 2' app with Routines, Rooms & other improvements
- Samsung reports Q1 mobile profits just 24% of Apple's