Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 07:00 am PT (10:00 am ET)
Sources reveal part of Apple's new Mac product lineupApple on Tuesday morning took its online stores offline and appears to be in the process of introducing the remainder of its Mac product line up for the 2009 holiday shopping season.
While the stores remain down, reliable sources have passed on the following Mac-related product numbers, which appear to include new Mac minis (one with two hard drives and no optical drive — rumored for January of 2009 but delayed till now), iMacs (possibly with 16:9 screen aspect ratios because there were — at one time — to include Blu-ray), redesigned plastic MacBooks, AirPorts and Time Capsules.
The unedited parts list is as follows:
MC207LL/A - K84 BEST BTR- USA
MC238LL/A - MAC MINI 2.26/2x1GB/160/SD/AP/BT-USA
MC239LL/A- MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/320GB/SD/AP/BT-USA
MC340LL/A - AIRPORT EXTREME (SIM DUALBAND) - USA
MC343LL/A - TIME CAPSULE 1TB (SIM DUALBAND) -USA
MC344LL/A - TIME CAPSULE 2TB (SIM DUALBAND) - USA
MC408LL/A - MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/1TB/NO ODD/AP-BT-USA
MC413LL/A - IMAC 21.5"/3.06/2x2GB/1TB/4670-256MB-USA
MC434LL/A - APPLE VESA MOUNT ADAPTER
MC461LL/A - MACBOOK 60W MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTER - USA
On Topic: Future Hardware
- Apple's 2014 iPads to sport Touch ID & TSMC-built A8 CPU, 12.9" iPad unlikely till 2015
- Apple 'likely' to launch low-cost iMac soon, Retina MacBook Air still on track for 2014 debut
- Apple to sell two sizes of iWatch with flexible AMOLED displays this fall, prices to reach 'thousands of dollars'
- Rumor: Apple takes delivery of iWatch circuit boards ahead of September debut
- Rumor: Quanta to build 65M Apple "iWatch" units in first year, Q3 2014 release expected