Mac OS X 10.6.2 to update nearly 150 Snow Leopard componentsApple this week is equipping developers with a new beta of Mac OS X 10.6.2, the second maintenance and security update to the company's new Snow Leopard operating system that will perform upgrades to nearly 150 components.
The latest beta, labeled Mac OS X 10.6.2 build 10C535, comes one week after the Mac maker issued build 10C531 to address issues with Snow Leopard's Dock, ColorSync, QuartzCore and graphic driver components.
This week, Apple has asked developers to continue to provide feedback on graphics drivers while also tasking them with focusing their evaluation efforts on TrackPad preferences and the ability to create virtual machines, people familiar with the matter say.
As was the case with last week's beta, documentation accompanying build 10C535 reportedly lists no known issues. And while Apple has temporarily ceased its practice of providing a running list of bug fixes that will come baked into the impending release, it did identify 148 components that have seen tweaks.
Among those components are AppleBacklight, Battery Menu, Dictionary, Expose, FileSync, Family Controls, Fonts, Front Row, HFS, Inkwell, iPhoto, MobileMe, OpenCL, Parental Controls, QuickTime, Screen Sharing, Spell Checker, Spotlight, Time Machine, and USB.
In bare bones Delta form, Mac OS X 10.6.2 currently weighs in at roughly 480MB. It's expected for release sometime next month.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- New adware scripts mouse clicks to access OS X Keychain, could lead to password theft
- Apple releases 8th developer, 6th public betas of OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Apple releases Logic Pro X 10.2, MainStage 3.2 updates with Alchemy synthesizer
- VMware launches Fusion 8 with Windows 10 & OS X El Capitan support
- Apple issues sixth Xcode 7 beta to developers with minor bug fixes