We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Verizon continues assault on AT&T with series of holiday adsVerizon has released three ads which continue to highlight the disparity between its 3G network coverage and AT&T's.
The ads, titled "Naughty Nice," Misfit Toys," and "Blue Christmas" prominently feature the coverage maps first introduced in the "There's a Map for That" commercial. These maps were a point of contention between Verizon and AT&T, causing AT&T to bring a lawsuit against Verizon for misrepresenting AT&T's 3G coverage areas.
The lawsuit claimed that the ads mislead consumers into believing that AT&T's customers have no coverage whatsoever and cannot use their devices when they are outside of the AT&T 3G coverage area.
The three ads all contain the coverage maps and have Christmas themes.
In the ads, it is clear Verizon has tried to separate their criticism of AT&T from the iPhone itself, going so far as to call the phone "A great 3G phone without great 3G coverage." This may be an indication that the rumors of Verizon offering the iPhone sometime in 2010 have some truth behind them.
It was reported Friday by AppleInsider that supply chain sources claim Apple has plans to produce a hybrid iPhone that would work on both the AT&T and Verizon networks.
On Topic: Apple
- Apple partners with leading business service provider Deloitte for enterprise IT
- Genius Bar doesn't hire retired Apple engineer, fires up age discrimination debate
- This week on AI: 'See you on Sept. 7,' Apple's $14.5B bill, detonating Note 7 & more
- Feds, lobbyists draw battle lines over Apple's EU $14.5B tax bill
- EU-imposed Apple Irish tax bill could exceed $21.2B if appeal process fails