Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 05:05 pm PT (08:05 pm ET)
Apple posts QuickTime video of CEO Steve Jobs' 'iPad' keynoteApple Wednesday evening made available through its Web site a QuickTime video stream of its media event during which its new tablet device, dubbed the "iPad" was introduced to the public by CEO Steve Jobs.
The Cupertino-based company used a near hour-and-a-half presentation to announce its new media device, the iPad. Standing with a foot in both the iPhone and the Mac worlds, the iPad is, according to Jobs, "our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary device at an unbelievable price."
"iPad creates and defines an entirely new category of devices that will connect users with their apps and content in a much more intimate, intuitive, and fun way than ever before," said Jobs.
The iPad sports a 9.7 inch display and includes a 1GHz Apple-designed A4 processor with integrated graphics processing.
Jobs said the device can get up to 10 hours of battery life when watching video and will last up to a month on standby.
The iPad comes in capacities of 16, 32, and 64GB, starts at $499 and comes with optional 3G support for an extra $130.
Live coverage from Apple's Jan. 27 event
Apple reveals long awaited multi-touch 'iPad' tablet device starting at $499
Hands on with Apple's iPad (with videos and photos)
Apple unveils new multi-touch version of iWork created for iPad
Apple introduces iBooks store for iPad
A closer look at Apple's iPad bundled applications
AT&T's no-contract iPad data plans run $15mo. 250MB, $30 unlimited
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Review: BlueLounge's Kickflip is a low-cost way to make typing on Apple's MacBook Pro even better
- Review: Apple's mid-2014 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Deals: $400-$600 off 2013 MacBook Pros, $160- $260 off Mac Pros, $50 off iPads, and a $750 students 13-inch MacBook Air, iPhone 5
- Apple ignores calls to fix 2011 MacBook Pro failures as problem grows
- AI Deals: $100-$200 off 17 mid-2014 MacBook Pros; Free AppleCare with any Mac; $20 cash bonus on iPad trade-ins