Saturday, February 06, 2010, 09:50 am PT (12:50 pm ET)
Apple's new beta of Mac OS X 10.6.3 includes few changesApple on Friday evening equipped developers with yet another build of its upcoming maintenance and security update for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard that includes few changes from an earlier build distributed two weeks ago.
People familiar with the matter say Mac OS X 10.6.3 build 10D548 was distributed alongside an enhancement and focus list nearly identical to build 10D538, which made its way to a small subset of developers last month, as AppleInsider exclusively reported.
The only distinguishable change noted in documentation, those people say, was a request by the Mac maker for its developers to add iCal and printing functions to their evaluation efforts, alongside AirPort, QuickTime and graphics drivers. A prior emphasis on VoiceOver was reportedly not extended to build 10D548.
Both builds include an update to QuickTime X that, when finalized, will improve security and compatibility while simultaneously enhancing overall reliability. The betas will also include tweaks that aim to enhance the performance of Apple's 64-bit Logic pro audio suite. Other bundled improvements include better compatibility with third-party printers and OpenGL-grounded applications.
Apple reportedly listed no known issues with build 10D548, which now weighs in at 773MB as a Delta distribution.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.3 with holiday discount, updates Camera Raw 8.3
- Apple seeds OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks beta to developers
- FileMaker 13 launches with browser-based support via HTML5, new tools for iPhone & iPad
- Microsoft's project 'Threshold' to further converge PC, phone & Xbox platforms
- Black Friday software and the lowest prices ever on Dragon Dictate 3 and Micro Drone 2.0