Apple releases Apple TV 3.0.2Apple has released a minor update to Apple TV that brings its firmware to version 3.0.2.
The update appears to be related to the release of Aperture 3.0, which made changes to how that software shares images over the local network, in addition to adding support for iPhoto's Places and Faces features.
Users have also reported that since applying the update their Apple TV has stopped experiencing problems related to switching its HDMI output cable. The update also appears to make minor tweaks in the user interface to enhance the readability of text.
The new software can be downloaded and installed from the Update Software option within the Settings/General menu on Apple TV.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple partner Imagination unveils PowerVR 'super-GPU' with 512 ALU cores for game consoles
- Piper Jaffray sees a revamped Apple TV set-top box being core of Apple's fall 2015 products
- Apple restarts talks with content owners for over-the-top, web-based TV service
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports