Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 09:00 pm
Apple releases Apple TV 3.0.2Apple has released a minor update to Apple TV that brings its firmware to version 3.0.2.
The update appears to be related to the release of Aperture 3.0, which made changes to how that software shares images over the local network, in addition to adding support for iPhoto's Places and Faces features.
Users have also reported that since applying the update their Apple TV has stopped experiencing problems related to switching its HDMI output cable. The update also appears to make minor tweaks in the user interface to enhance the readability of text.
The new software can be downloaded and installed from the Update Software option within the Settings/General menu on Apple TV.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Microsoft unveils 'Xbox One,' a voice-controlled all-in-one entertainment hub
- Apple TV to get CW content in new streaming deal
- US Sen. McCain working on 'a la carte' cable TV bill
- Microsoft to unveil Xbox successor on May 21 as Amazon mulls set-top box
- Rumor: Apple television with 'iRing' motion controller to launch this year