Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 06:00 pm PT (09:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Apple TV 3.0.2Apple has released a minor update to Apple TV that brings its firmware to version 3.0.2.
The update appears to be related to the release of Aperture 3.0, which made changes to how that software shares images over the local network, in addition to adding support for iPhoto's Places and Faces features.
Users have also reported that since applying the update their Apple TV has stopped experiencing problems related to switching its HDMI output cable. The update also appears to make minor tweaks in the user interface to enhance the readability of text.
The new software can be downloaded and installed from the Update Software option within the Settings/General menu on Apple TV.
On Topic: Apple TV
- HBO to begin offering standalone streaming subscriptions in 2015 - report
- Philips TVs bundled with Apple TV launch in India as part of alleged partnership [u]
- Latest Apple TV update enables remote access relay for HomeKit connected accessories
- 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'American Horror Story' come to Apple TV with new FXNOW channel
- Apple surreptitiously adds HomeKit support to recent Apple TVs - report