Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 06:00 pm PT (09:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Apple TV 3.0.2Apple has released a minor update to Apple TV that brings its firmware to version 3.0.2.
The update appears to be related to the release of Aperture 3.0, which made changes to how that software shares images over the local network, in addition to adding support for iPhoto's Places and Faces features.
Users have also reported that since applying the update their Apple TV has stopped experiencing problems related to switching its HDMI output cable. The update also appears to make minor tweaks in the user interface to enhance the readability of text.
The new software can be downloaded and installed from the Update Software option within the Settings/General menu on Apple TV.
On Topic: Apple TV
- NFL Now channel arrives on Apple TV with highlights & original series
- NFL Now goes live on iPhone and iPad, Apple TV to follow
- ABC News on Apple TV proves more popular than desktop & mobile in first month
- Apple brings iOS 7-style iconography to Apple TV in newest beta
- New Apple TV 'stalls' because of cable companies & content deals, likely not arriving until 2015 - report