Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 04:40 am PT (07:40 am ET)
Apple seeds yet another Mac OS X 10.6.3 beta with minor changesThe second beta in four days for Mac OS X 10.6.3, Apple's forthcoming maintenance and security update for its Snow Leopard operating system, was delivered to developers this week.
Build 10D552 was reportedly issued Tuesday evening, soon after last Friday's release of build 10D548. Both remain nearly identical to build 10D538, released to developers in January.
The latest update, people familiar with the matter say, narrows the focus areas down to three: AirPort, GraphicsDrivers and QuickTime. Focus areas in included last week's build, iCal and Printing, have reportedly been eliminated.
All three builds include an update to QuickTime X that, when finalized, will improve security and compatibility while simultaneously enhancing overall reliability. The betas will also include tweaks that aim to enhance the performance of Apple's 64-bit Logic pro audio suite. Other bundled improvements include better compatibility with third-party printers and OpenGL-grounded applications.
Build 10D552 reportedly has no known issues listed by Apple. The download weighs in at 737.2MB. It is the fifth beta release of Mac OS X 10.6.3.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues first iCloud for Windows beta with iCloud Drive support
- Apple releases 7th preview of OS X Yosemite to developers
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2, new iTunes 12 beta for testing
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple releases Safari 7.1 and 6.2, OS X Server 3.2 betas to developers