Sunday, March 07, 2010, 08:00 pm PT (11:00 pm ET)
Apple posts surprise ad for iPad during the OscarsApple captured the attention of movie buffs and the entire film industry by publishing a new teaser commercial for the iPad during the Academy Awards presentation Sunday evening.
The new 30 second spot, backed by The Blue Van's catchy tune "There Goes My Love," races through a variety of iPad features.
It quickly demonstrates browsing through photo albums with finger gestures, then shows how to download ebooks from the new iBook Store and using the new full screen versions of Mobile Safari and Apple's Maps application based on Google's Map service (below).
It also highlights the expanded version of the iPhone OS' email app, iTunes media playback featuring the movie "Star Trek," and a subtle mention of page layout and word processing within Apple's multitouch version of iWork's Pages app.
The fast-paced new ad then flashes through a rapid sequence of other apps including Maps and iTunes album playback to finish with the iPad's April 3 launch date.
The ad is available on Apple's Web site, but has not yet been added to the company's YouTube channel.
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Apple's focus on value in 2014 has sent Mac sales surging
- Apple's legacy MacBook Pro with CD/DVD SuperDrive lives on with $100 price cut
- Apple refreshes MacBook Pro with Retina display lineup with faster CPUs, more RAM standard
- Users report install, crashing issues with latest MacBook Air EFI update
- Apple issues MacBook Air EFI update to address wake from sleep problems on mid-2011 models