Thursday, April 01, 2010, 09:20 pm
ABC, Netflix streaming iPad software available on App StoreWith iPad applications now available on Apple's App Store, two high-profile streaming software releases are now available from U.S. broadcast network ABC and movie rental service Netflix.
ABC Player for iPad
The ABC.com Full Episode Player for iPad gives users the ability to watch programs broadcast by the network, including Lost, Grey's Anatony, Modern Family, and Desperate Housewives. The free application provides streaming full episodes of ABC shows supported through advertisers.
Users can find the episodes they're looking for, view a schedule of ABC content, or access their viewing history, allowing them to pause an episode and come back to it later.
"Not sure what time Lost is on next week? The ABC Player allows users to view a daily and rolling 7-day Primetime schedule of ABC programming," the company said in a press release. "This technologically advanced app is customized to each iPad -- it keeps a record of your viewing history and allows you to stop watching a show, then resume right from where you left off."
The ABC application requires a Wi-Fi connection, and is a 1.5MB download. Users can pre-load the software for their iPad now.
Netflix for iPad
Also free, the Netflix app for iPad allows customers who subscribe to the movie rental service to stream all of the content available through the Netflix Instant Watch program direct to their iPad.
Features, according to Netflix, include:
- Watch as often as you want
- It's part of your Netflix unlimited membership
- Resume watching where you left off on your TV or computer
- Browse movies and manage your Queue right from your iPad
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Deals: dozens of new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Retina configs at lowest prices anywhere
- New Mac Pro's radical design draws admiration, criticism via Photoshop
- Teardown of Apple's new 11" MacBook Air finds smaller SSD module, tweaked battery
- Apple's latest AirPort Time Capsule expectedly similar to redesigned AirPort Extreme
- Teardown of Apple's new AirPort Extreme finds enough empty space for a hard drive