Apple Specialist locations will also sell iPad this SaturdayIn addition to all Apple retail stores and most Best Buy locations, the iPad will also be available for purchase at select U.S. Apple Specalists, people familiar with the matter have told AppleInsider.
The information that select Apple Specialists locations will offer the iPad on its April 3 release date has remained quiet until now because Apple has allegedly placed resellers under a nondisclosure agreement, preventing them from pre-advertising the availability of the iPad or accessories.
Specific locations where the iPad will be available are unknown, but with Apple sold out of its initial run of preorders and Best Buy rumored to receive just 15 per store, those locations will be another option for those who want to pick up an iPad on Saturday.
The news also contradicts an e-mail sent from Apple CEO Steve Jobs, who responded to an inquiring consumer who asked if the iPad will be sold by the company's authorized resellers. "Initially at Apple Retail and online stores and Best Buy," Jobs replied.
On Monday, Apple announced that the iPad will be sold at all 221 of its U.S. Apple retail locations, as well as "most" Best Buy stores, both starting at 9 a.m. on April 3. About 675 Best Buy locations with designated departments will offer the device on launch day.
The April 3 launch will be for the Wi-Fi-only version of the iPad, which costs $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB and $699 for 64GB. The 3G-capable versions will be available in late April and carry a $130 premium.
On Topic: Apple Retail
- London's renovated Regent Street Apple Store interior shown off in photos
- Apple investigation of employee-led photo sharing ring finds no purloined customer data
- Workers at Australian Apple store accused of stealing, sharing photos of female shoppers & staff
- Leaked photo shows off Apple's nearly-finished Regent Street renovations in London
- Regent Street Apple store in London to make long-awaited reopening on Oct. 15