Apple rumored to launch retail store iPhone app on TuesdayApple as early as tomorrow may launch a new app that will allow customers to manage Genius bar reservations and pre-order the new iPhone 4 from their existing Apple handset or iPod touch.
Two people who claim they were briefed on the matter during a recent Apple Retail staff meeting say the app will let users locate nearby Apple Stores, make Genius Bar appointments, browse a listing of classes offered at the retail shops, and "purchase and reserve products including [making] reservations for the new iPhone."
Word of the app comes several months after retail employees first dropped hints that Apple was working on a Concierge application for the iPhone and iPod touch that would allow customers to manage their Apple Retail Genius Bar appointments from their mobile devices.
Shoppers can currently schedule appointments and make One to One reservations via Apple's retail Web site. In addition to One to One and the Genius Bar, reservations can be made for personal shopping, workshops, youth programs and businesses.
Last week, Apple released a new app for developers called iTunes Connect Mobile that allows them to monitor their App Store sales on the go.
On Topic: Apple Retail
- Apple could take over Dublin location for first Irish Apple Store
- Apple Watch Hermes now available from Apple & Hermes outlets in 17 more cities
- Apple Store logos go green, Apple's website promotes Liam the robot for Earth Day
- Tesla recruits prominent Apple Store leader to run its LA County showrooms
- Christy Turlington Burns, Apple's Jay Blahnik to talk Apple Watch & running at Boston Apple Store