Apple rumored to launch retail store iPhone app on TuesdayApple as early as tomorrow may launch a new app that will allow customers to manage Genius bar reservations and pre-order the new iPhone 4 from their existing Apple handset or iPod touch.
Two people who claim they were briefed on the matter during a recent Apple Retail staff meeting say the app will let users locate nearby Apple Stores, make Genius Bar appointments, browse a listing of classes offered at the retail shops, and "purchase and reserve products including [making] reservations for the new iPhone."
Word of the app comes several months after retail employees first dropped hints that Apple was working on a Concierge application for the iPhone and iPod touch that would allow customers to manage their Apple Retail Genius Bar appointments from their mobile devices.
Shoppers can currently schedule appointments and make One to One reservations via Apple's retail Web site. In addition to One to One and the Genius Bar, reservations can be made for personal shopping, workshops, youth programs and businesses.
Last week, Apple released a new app for developers called iTunes Connect Mobile that allows them to monitor their App Store sales on the go.
On Topic: Apple Retail
- Work on Apple's new Union Square site begins as existing San Francisco store gets Winter Walk
- Apple to add 7th NYC store next year with new Brooklyn location
- Apple Store to restart Bose product sales after abrupt removal, report says
- Apple to host 'Hour of Code' at retail stores worldwide in December
- Apple reveals Black Friday partnership with Product (RED) for gift card sale