Apple adds iPad support to MobileMe iDisk appApple on Tuesday updated its MobileMe iDisk application to version 1.2, bringing support for multitasking within iOS 4 for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, as well as native support for the iPad.
The 3.4MB update is available from the App Store or through iTunes. New features in version 1.2, according to Apple, include:
- designed for both iPhone and iPad
- Multitasking support for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (iOS 4 required)
- Quickly switch to another app and back using iDisk
- Play audio from your iDisk while using another app
- When app is opened, the last file or directory viewed is displayed
- Option to open iDisk documents in compatible apps such as iBooks
- When sharing a file, an email can be sent from any configured email account
- The URL for a shared filed can be copied and pasted
- Various stability improvements.
The iDisk application was first released for the iPhone and iPod touch in July of 2009. It allows users to remotely access files saved online via the MobileMe service.
On Topic: iPhone
- Firehouse Subs rolls out support for Apple Pay to over 800 locations nationwide
- Apple's iPhone commands record high 89% of smartphone profits while Android plummets to record low
- iOS, Android dominate smartphone market with 96% combined stake
- Rumor: Samsung tapped to supply DRAM for 'A9' chip in Apple's next iPhone
- Stanford researchers develop method for tracking mobile devices using battery charge data