Apple adds iPad support to MobileMe iDisk appApple on Tuesday updated its MobileMe iDisk application to version 1.2, bringing support for multitasking within iOS 4 for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, as well as native support for the iPad.
The 3.4MB update is available from the App Store or through iTunes. New features in version 1.2, according to Apple, include:
- designed for both iPhone and iPad
- Multitasking support for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (iOS 4 required)
- Quickly switch to another app and back using iDisk
- Play audio from your iDisk while using another app
- When app is opened, the last file or directory viewed is displayed
- Option to open iDisk documents in compatible apps such as iBooks
- When sharing a file, an email can be sent from any configured email account
- The URL for a shared filed can be copied and pasted
- Various stability improvements.
The iDisk application was first released for the iPhone and iPod touch in July of 2009. It allows users to remotely access files saved online via the MobileMe service.
On Topic: iPhone
- Overcast 2 goes free, adds streaming, chapters and 3D Touch controls
- iPhone 6s supplies tracking far better than 2014 iPhone 6 launch, store stock indicates
- Apple starts sales of SIM-free iPhone 6s, 6s Plus handsets
- Apple Pay coming to Starbucks, KFC, Chili's in 2016
- Apple says battery life gap only 2-3 percent in TSMC, Samsung A9 chips