Friday, July 16, 2010, 01:10 pm
Apple announces iPhone 4 has sold 3 million in 3 weeksSince its launch in late June, the iPhone 4 has sold more than 3 million units in just three weeks, Apple announced on Friday at its iPhone 4 antenna press conference.
Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs kicked off the conference by noting the sales figures. He also said that PC World listed the iPhone 4 as its No. 1 smartphone.
The iPhone also has the highest customer satisfaction of any iPhone or smartphone ever, Jobs said.
The iPhone 4 has been Apple's fastest selling product ever. In its first three days alone, Apple sold 1.7 million units, far surpassing the previous record of a million held by the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.
On Topic: iPhone
- AT&T to bring FaceTime over cellular to all customers by end of year
- Apple debuts new iPhone discounts, subsidies to gain ground in India
- Looking to pull even with Apple, Samsung to pay developers for Galaxy-specific apps
- 10M Samsung flagship phones in 28 days a 'record,' 5M iPhone 5 in 3 days 'disappointing'
- Briefly: Virgin Mobile offers 15% discount on prepaid iPhone 4/4S