Apple subsidiary to release FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone tomorrowIn an effort to forward adoption of its cross-platform relational database application, Apple subsidiary File Maker, Inc. on Tuesday plans to take the software mobile with the release of FileMaker Go for both the iPhone and iPad.
The new apps, which will fetch around $25 for the iPhone version and $50 for the iPad version, will allow users to remotely view, edit and search their FileMaker Pro records from their Apple mobile devices while on the go.
Users will be able to switch between layouts and display search or sort results in Form, Table and List views. The apps will also be compatible with popular FileMaker Pro features such as portals, Tab Controls, QuickFind, Web Viewers, External SQL Data Sources, in addition to running most FileMaker Pro Scripts.
FileMaker Go will connect to databases hosted on FileMaker Server or FileMaker Pro over both WiFi and 3G, instantly updating all changes to the host files.
Users who don't have access to FileMaker Server or will not have an internet connection can instead copy their solutions onto FileMaker Go using File Sharing within iTunes.
FileMaker Go for iPhone
Alternatively, users can also copy their databases to FileMaker Go by downloading the file from their email accounts, popular file sharing websites, or the web.
FileMaker Go for iPad
FileMaker Go for iPhone will only be compatible with iOS 4.0 for both the iPod touch and iPhone, while the iPad version will run on iOS 3.2 and higher.
On Topic: iPhone
- Review: Duet Display makes Apple's iPad even more useful for Mac users
- Survey shows demand for Apple's iPhone 6 still growing as supply stabilizes
- Apple, Beats top other brands among college students in laptops, phones, tablets and headphones
- Apple's iPhone 6 Plus stars behind the scenes on Erno Laszlo's 'Holiday Wonders' campaign
- Apple Pay launching at Walt Disney World on Christmas Eve, Disneyland in 2015