Friday, August 13, 2010, 11:00 pm
Apple seeds first Mac OS X 10.6.5 build to developersDevelopers report Apple has just made available the first build of what will ship as the free Mac OS X 10.6.5 update later this fall.
The new build, numbered 10H525, incorporates solutions to existing problems with Exchange Server support, fixes user interface issues with embedded WebKit views in applications such as iTunes, and includes the graphics drivers in the earlier Snow Leopard Graphics Update release.
Apple is asking developers in particular to test iCal, Mail, printing, OpenGL 3D Graphics, QuickTime and the X Window X11 subsystems.
The current release of Mac OS X was last updated in June following WWDC. The initial developer build of 10.6.5 was anticipated to ship nearly a month ago in late July, but has continued to slip as Apple continues to focus its efforts on NVIDIA graphics drivers and related issues.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E55, asks developers to focus on Windows File Sharing
- Apple seeds OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E52 to developers
- iMovie update fixes issues with camera recognition, iOS movie imports
- Apple fixes Thunderbolt target disk mode in software update
- First look: Pixelmator 2.2 Blueberry goes live in the Mac App Store