Apple seeds second beta of Mac OS X 10.6.5 with no known issuesApple on Thursday seeded the latest beta of Mac OS X 10.6.5, its forthcoming security and maintenance update for the Snow Leopard operating system, with no known issues.
People familiar with the latest beta, dubbed 10H529, said Apple has asked developers to focus on 3D graphics, Mail, printing, QuickTime, and the X Windows X11 subsystems. The Delta Update is reportedly a 558MB download.
Apple already publicly released an update for the current version of its operating system, Mac OS X 10.6.4, this week in the form of the Snow Leopard Graphics Update. It improved performance in some popular game titles developed by Valve by as much as 120 percent.
The latest beta comes just 6 days after the previous build, 10H525, was seeded to developers. Apple was originally expected to begin seeding the first 10.6.5 builds to developers in July.
Mac OS X 10.6.4 was released in mid-June, packing fixes for trackpads on Apple's notebook computers, and also addressing issues with Adobe's Creative Suite 3. It also included Safari 5, Apple's latest Web browser.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Final Cut Pro 10.2.1 solves bugs causing crashes, Timeline problems
- Google to funnel all Chrome for Mac extensions through Chrome Web Store
- Leica, Apple working to fix Monochrom DNG bug that could erase Photos app library
- FileMaker 14 brings feature, speed improvements across Mac, iOS & Windows
- Apple seeds Xcode 6.3.2 gold master to developers