Videos emerge of possible iPod Touch, iPod Nano partsUnconfirmed videos posted on YouTube show screen parts consistent with prior rumors about upcoming iPod Touch and iPod Nano updates.
The videos, which were posted by iPod.dj, feature a user inspecting an apparent next-gen iPod Touch front cover and a small unknown square display. The square display resembles the 3cm-by-3cm screen pictured on the Taiwanese blog Apple.pro in July. Apple.pro and iPod.dj appear to be connected, with both sites displaying the slogan "More Pro, More Apple." iPod.dj states that it is "Powered by Apple Dev Team," while Apple.pro is run by the "Apple.Pro Dev Team."
Speaking Mandarin Chinese, the user in the video admits he is unsure if or how Apple intends to use the screen, but speculates that it is for an iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle or "iWatch" to be released at Apple's September 1 event.
The alleged iPod Touch front cover part shown in the videos contains a hole at the top, presumably for a front-facing camera. The video's speaker claims that early case manufacturer designs suggest a rear-facing camera as well.
A new iPod Touch and re-designed iPod Nano are widely expected to be released Wednesday at Apple's media event. Analysts are also predicting an updated Apple TV with streaming video rentals from one or more studios, possibly ABC or Fox.
In a rare move, Apple will broadcast the event live on its website. AppleInsider will also provide full live coverage of the event.
On Topic: Apple TV
- New Apple TV rumored to debut in September with touchpad remote, dedicated app store, Siri support
- NFL Game Pass to offer on-demand games on Apple TV, other Apple devices
- Talks with major networks for Apple streaming TV service making rapid progress - report
- Showtime's new cord-cutter channel launches on Apple TV with 30-day free trial
- Apple Music offers a peek into the future of Apple Inc, and its stark contrast to Google and Microsoft