New Apple TV, iPods to debut today, won't ship immediately - reportApple will introduce a new Apple TV and fourth-generation iPod touch today, but none of the products introduced at the company's keynote will ship immediately, a new rumor claims.
Via its official Twitter account, Australian MacWorld revealed Wednesday the alleged product code for the Apple TV refresh set to be introduced. It is claimed that the code is USA MC572 LL/A, but the product is not yet shipping.
A source also told the publication that "it doesn't look like anything will be shipping immediately." That person also indicated that a fourth-generation iPod touch is "definitely coming."
On Tuesday, AppleInsider first reported that the new, smaller iPod nano will not ship immediately either. The new device will be built around a 1.7-inch display, and will retain the 30-pin iPod dock connector.
Reports have indicated that Apple is set to introduce its new Apple TV, perhaps, running the iOS operating system, at today's event. Bloomberg reported Tuesday that the new set top box will ship with the ability to stream instant content available from Netflix.
Apple has also allegedly brokered deals with major networks Fox and ABC, which will allow 99-cent rentals of TV episodes through iTunes.
In April, Australian Macworld correctly stated that Apple would release new MacBook Pros. In May, it revealed a part number it believed would be tied to a MacBook Air refresh, but instead turned out to be an updated MacBook.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple partner Imagination unveils PowerVR 'super-GPU' with 512 ALU cores for game consoles
- Piper Jaffray sees a revamped Apple TV set-top box being core of Apple's fall 2015 products
- Apple restarts talks with content owners for over-the-top, web-based TV service
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports