iPad coming to 5 Latin American countries on Sept. 17Apple has announced that Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru will be getting the iPad on Sept. 17.
The launch of the iPad in these 5 Latin American countries was announced in an Apple press release (Google translation) earlier this week. "All models will be available" in each of the countries, and will be distributed by "some Apple Authorized Resellers."
Friday also brings the launch of the iPad in one of the world's largest markets: China. Currently, just the Wi-Fi model is listed for the launch. The iPad 3G is listed on the China online Apple Store as "Coming Soon."
Apple plans to release the iPad in "many more countries later this year." Availability and pricing for these additional countries has not yet been announced.
The Cupertino, Calif., company struggled to keep up with initial demand and was forced to delay the international launch by a month in April.
In the coming months, iPad supply should come closer to meeting demand now that Apple has signed on a new supplier for the iPad's touch sensors. Delays with the iPad's touch-panels had reportedly caused a bottleneck in production.
In the U.S., shipping times for the iPad on Apple's official online store have improved to "Ships within 24 hrs" for all six version of the device. The iPad will soon be available in all of Best Buy's 1,093 U.S. stores. At launch, the iPad was only available at the 673 Best Buy stores with Apple Shop locations.
Recent rumors have also mentioned that Target and Walmart will carry the iPad in time for the holidays.
On Topic: iPad
- Review: CaseStudi's Libre Bluetooth keyboard is an ultra-portable workhorse, with some trade-offs
- Google's Chromebooks continue to make inroads in education, Gartner says
- Adobe discontinues Photoshop Touch, offers video glimpse of future replacement tech [u]
- Refurbished iPad Air 2 goes on sale at Apple's online store
- Rumor: Apple's 12.9" 'iPad Pro' to feature silver nanowire touch panel, debut in 2016